You might have seen my previous recipe for baked eggs which involved whisking up eggs and vegetables; this is a variant of that but this time the egg is being cooked inside the vegetable.
If you are not restricted on your vegetable portion then by all means do both eggs in a pepper cup. For Step 2, however, I kept to the allowances given.
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Spray a muffin/bun tin with some garlic frylight in one of the holes.
- Slice the top of a green pepper until the bottom ‘cup’ weighs around 65-70g. Spray the inside of the pepper with frylight.
- Roast the pepper cup in the muffin tin for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the tray and spray another hole with some frylight.
- Crack one egg into the pepper and crack one egg into the empty hole.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes and then serve- I served the ‘naked’ egg on a gem lettuce leaf and garnished with some radish slices.
- My eggs are seasoned with chives, dill and black pepper. The second egg has some smoked paprika on it.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.