Since beginning my CWP ‘journey’ I appear to have acquired a basil plant and a mint plant! I also realised how much I missed garlic bread after a conversation with a friend about pizza (am I a masochist??). As luck would have it, I forgot to defrost any chicken for dinner and I was also feeling slightly frazzled at the state of my freezer and its contents.
Below is a twist on the ‘cauliflower bread’ recipe, where I have used grated celeriac that I had in the freezer. I then mixed the remaining cottage cheese allowance in garlic and fresh basil. The celeriac made the base slightly thicker and felt a bit more substantial!
- Using the method in my previous pizza recipe, this meal uses all the vegetable allowance in the base. Mix 80g grated celeriac, with one egg and 40g cottage cheese. Season with black pepper and chives.
- Spread on a lined baking tray and bake at 200c for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine your remaining cottage cheese allowance (122g) with garlic granules, freshly torn basil (dried also works) and black pepper.
- After 15 minutes of baking, take the base out and spread with the cheese mixture. Continue to cook for a further 7 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with some fresh basil leaves and parsley and slice. Can be served flat or as roll ups.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.