Since the chickpea and lentil burgers I’ve been convinced there has to be a better and less crumbly recipe! And there is! Use the proportions of beans to your own preference, I’d probably use half and half but this particular time I just happened to have some leftover chickpeas knocking around and I made up the portion with the aduki beans.
- Place into a food processor- 70g rinsed and drained tinned chickpeas and 65g (dry weight) prepared aduki beans (rinsed, boiled, rinsed and drained).
- Season with garlic granules, cumin powder, chilli, smoked paprika, coriander, mixed herbs, and lemon juice.
- Start to process the beans and slowly add in water, you may need to scrape down the sides. Process until smooth and paste like, add water if the mix is dry but careful not to make it too wet.
- Scrape into a bowl, add in coriander and combine.
- Form burgers and place on greaseproof paper and place in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Bake at 180c for 20-25mins and serve with veg of choice. I used 80g celeriac chips with a garlic and herb yoghurt dip taken from dairy allowance.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.