A definite winter warmer of a meal- this was so filling, I had to double check that I hadn’t miscalculated my quantities! This recipe could probably be adapted to be made in a slow cooker but I am unsure if the quantity of water will be sufficient.
- Rinse 40g red lentils and place in a saucepan. Add 300ml cold water.
- Add 125g chopped chicken to the pot and spray the water with a few squirts of frylight, and add in a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Gather 80g of your desired combination of cubed celeriac, shredded cabbage, spring onion and spinach. Add everything apart from the spinach to the pot.
- Season- with low salt vegetable stock or a teaspoon of the CWP golden veg powder; two cloves garlic or equivalent in granules; Italian seasoning; black pepper and a generous amount of smoked paprika.
- Bring the pot to the boil, stir and loosely cover. Leave to simmer on a moderate heat for 30-35 minutes – check and stir the pot at regular intervals.
- At the end of the cooking time you should have a thick stew- the lentils should be soft to bite and chicken will be cooked through.Stir in spinach leaves at the last moment before serving.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.