Firstly an apology by getting you all excited with the mention of pesto- unfortunately this is poor mans pesto tonight! Toppings can be adjusted, just make sure you get your full protein allowance if you are not using chicken.
- Begin by making the cauli crust base- blend 50g cauliflower until it resembles breadcrumbs. Place in a bowl and mix in one egg and 40g of cottage cheese. Add in black pepper, mixed italian seasoning, and a smidge of oregano.
- Mix altogether and then pour out onto a round baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 210c for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings by blending a large handful of fresh basil with 2 cloves of crushed garlic, a few sprays of frylight and a few drops of water until it resembles a pesto.
- I cooked 60g of chicken in a pan, lightly seasoned, but you could prepare this element in advance when cooking a different chicken dish.
- When 15 minutes are up, take out the pizza base and spread the pesto over it.
- Measure out 40g of fat free cottage cheese and place in little dollops all over.
- Scatter the chicken and 30g of sliced courgette and green pepper over and bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Slide a knife under the pizza base to separate from the greaseproof paper and then slide onto a plate and serve.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.