This is fabulous for those leftover bits of veg in the back of the fridge.
Generally I would use half chicken allowance 122g and one large egg. However tonight I was using up leftovers so I used 2 medium eggs and 50g chicken. You can use any 80g combination of green veg- peppers, spring onion, courgette, cabbage, spinach etc.
- Begin to fry off one clove of garlic in a non stick pan with a light spray of frylight. Add in finely chopped chicken and some lemon juice.
- When chicken is white all over add in your chopped veggies and one small finely sliced green chilli. Begin to cook off and add in some smoked paprika.
- Cook until thoroughly cooked and getting crispy.
- Add in about 30ml water to deglaze the pan of any sticky bits, and to get the mix slightly wet- you want enough moisture to create steam but not a lake!
- Crack in an egg atop the hash and cover.
- Leave the pan for 4-5 mins until whites are set.
- Slide onto a plate, season with black pepper and coriander.
Optionally serve with a spoon of plain yoghurt from your dairy allowance.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.