Tonight I took a gamble on my magic ingredient of natural yoghurt and by golly it worked! For once I was craving something herby rather than spicy and there’s been so much talk about courgette spaghetti aka courgetti.
Tragically (dramatic- moi??) I do not own a spiraliser (sob), so I’ve used the next best thing- peeler and knife! If you don’t have the patience or the courage to risk your fingertips, then spiralisers are available from most decent outlets these days such as Amazon or Lakeland.
- Prepare 80g of courgetti- either with spiraliser or peel thin strips lengthways to create ribbons and then thinly slice the ribbons to create noodles.
- Cut 245g of chicken into strips and place into a ceramic pan. Begin to cook and pan fry with a generous amount of garlic (if using granules just add in with the herbs).
- Once chicken is no longer pink, add in generous amounts of dried basil, Italian herb mix (and the garlic if using granules).
- Add some lemon juice and fry off.
- Meanwhile add your courgetti to boiling water and boil for 3 mins. Drain well.
- Once chicken is cooked, stir in 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt (taken from your dairy allowance).
- Serve with the courgetti and season with black pepper.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.