Cumin seeds are an often overlooked spice, but they give off an amazing aroma and taste fantastic. Below are some variations on a lemon and cumin chicken dish with different vegetables. Generous amounts of lemon juice make the chicken taste juicy and fresh without the need for any additional fat.
- Chop 245g chicken breast into small bite size pieces.
- Heat a ceramic pan and add in a few sprays of frylight.
- Add the chicken to the pan and begin to cook off the pieces.
- Season with garlic granules or paste, generous amount of cumin seeds and chilli flakes to taste.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, turn the heat up high and add in a few tablespoons of lemon juice. It will sizzle and the chicken will start cooking in the juice.
- Keep cooking until all the juice has gone.
- At this point you can add in 80g shredded courgette and cook for 2 minutes or add in 80g of steamed broccoli.
- When the vegetables have been thoroughly mixed and coated with the spices in the pan, plate up and garnish with some dried coriander.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.