I actually can’t remember what prompted me to try this out- I think I was just playing around with the idea of what new combinations of protein I could use! This uses half chicken allowance and half tinned (rinsed and drained) chickpea allowance.
- Prepare chicken and place in an oven proof dish- quick spray garlic frylight and seasoned with black pepper.
- Make a hummus with chickpeas- place chickpeas, a clove of garlic, a few sprays of frylight and lemon juice into a food processor and start to process. Add in a small amount of water to get the desired consistency- you want it slightly drier than a hummus.
- Scrape into a bowl and season with chilli flakes, smoked paprika, cumin powder and some mint.
- Thoroughly mix through and then spoon on top of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 180c for 25-30 mins until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with 80g veg.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.