The basic chicken recipe remains the same, but I varied the vegetables to keep it interesting.
- Prepare your chicken by placing in a roasting tin or Pyrex dish and sprinkling lemon juice over it (for taste and to keep it juicy and tender) and then seasoning- this is liberal amounts of cracked black pepper and mixed Italian herbs. You can also spray garlic infused fry light before cooking.
- Bake at 200C, covered in foil for 25 mins. The result will be juicy, flavoursome chicken.
- The first variant is roast broccoli- place 80g broccoli florets in a bowl and spray with some fry light and add garlic paste and chilli flakes and make sure all the florets are coated. Place on a baking tray and roast uncovered alongside the chicken for the last 15 minutes.
- The second option is roast asparagus tips- place the asparagus in a small roasting tin and spray with fry light, season with black pepper and add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss the asparagus to make sure they are evenly coated and roast uncovered alongside the chicken for the last 8 minutes of cooking time.
- If you have unused milk allowance, you can also make a mint yoghurt sauce (mix half a tsp. of garden mint into your yoghurt) to pour over the chicken and broccoli dish.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.