This is a fantastic little tangy dish; the Balsamic makes a lovely sauce which goes very thick and rich. I find asparagus works well with the flavours and you can adjust your vegetable allowance if you want to include some leafy salad as pictured below.
- Slice 245g of chicken breast meat along the side so you have thin chicken steaks- this increases surface area for the flavours to infuse and also makes it easier to pan fry the chicken evenly.
- Heat a ceramic pan and spray with some fry light.
- Place the chicken ‘steaks’ in the pan and add in your seasoning- for this I have used black pepper, garlic granules and mixed Italian herb seasoning. Be liberal with the seasonings and add in lemon juice to cook. The seasonings will eventually coat both sides of the chicken.
- Before turning the chicken over, add your asparagus tips and spray them with frylight (I used the garlic one).
- Turn over the chicken and continue cooking and move the asparagus tips around to prevent them burning.
- Once the chicken has cooked and the asparagus has gone a deep green colour, add in a liberal amount of balsamic vinegar.
- Cook off the vinegar until it has reduced and coated all the chicken and asparagus and gone slightly sticky.
- Serve as cooked or with salad leaves if preferred.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.