This is a truly back to basics meal- so simple but with a perfect combination of flavours. You can poach eggs in the traditional method or use poaching pods or even the microwave- I wont tell!
- Begin to pan/dry fry 80g of asparagus tips- I add in lemon juice, black pepper and garlic fry light. Keep moving the tips around the pan so they do not burn and cook all over.
- Meanwhile poach your eggs. I like mine to have a soft centre and so poach for 6 mins.
- Once asparagus has cooked and has gone a lovely green colour, plate up and carefully place the poached eggs on top.
Microwave poached eggs method
Now your initial reaction might be a “HELL NO!” but just trust me….
- Cook your asparagus as above.
- Just before serving, fill a dish/mug (one per egg) up to three quarters full with cold tap water.
- Gently crack and slide your egg into each dish
- Microwave for 60 seconds
- Drain on kitchen towel and serve.
If you hear a popping sound, this means the eggs are done and you can stop microwaving. 45 seconds should yield a runny centre but you may need to experiment to find the optimum time with your machine! The eggs above were poached together for 1 minute 45 seconds at 700Watts.
Please take care when microwaving and use enough water!
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.