A slight variation on the stuffed turkey burger recipe, this involves pan frying the burgers and serving the cheese at room temperature. This recipe gives a bit more cheese and goes superbly with the sautéed courgettes.
- I used an 80/20 split of my protein allowance so made up spicy turkey burgers using 196g turkey breast mince and 65g of fat free cottage cheese.
- Combine your mince with desired seasonings and shape into patties ready to cook.
- Mix the cottage cheese in with garlic granules, chives and black pepper. Use the back of the spoon to mash down as you mix to achieve a slightly smoother dip. I didn’t use a processor as I wasn’t sure if it would stay firm.
- Heat a ceramic pan and begin to pan fry your burgers.
- Heat a separate pan with a little frylight and ensure the pan is very hot. Add in 70g of chopped courgette discs and let sizzle. Cook for one minute on each side.
- When burgers are done, place on a plate with 10g leaves, the courgettes and spoon the cheese dip on the side.
You could also griddle the courgettes as discs or ribbons, unfortunately I don’t own one so can’t show off any flashy grill marks (yet!).
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.