As it was Father’s Day, I asked my dear old Dad what he would like to have for dinner and, of all the things he could have asked for, he requested a fish pie. In the spirit of sharing a meal, I decided that I would make a Step 2 fish pie. I’ll be honest, I’m not a big fish fan but it was pretty tasty and really filling.
- Make celeriac mash by boiling and then simmering chopped celeriac for 20 mins. Mash it with the tiniest splash of milk from your dairy allowance and black pepper. Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare your fish- I used chopped haddock and prawns (raw weight needs to be 120% of the cooked weight to allow for weightloss in cooking so for eg half the cooked prawn allowance would be 150g raw).
- I seasoned with parsley, chives, dill and black pepper. You can also add in a quarter tsp of veg drink powder or bouillon powder.
- Put your fish in a baking dish and then top with the celeriac mash. Run a fork to create some ridges to catch colour.
- Bake at 180c for 30 mins.
- Salad to garnish.
This pie can be prepared up to one day in advance, just cover with cling film and chill until ready to cook.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.