This particular recipe uses grated celeriac and egg combined, however a great alternative is to press the grated celeriac into two rostis (just don’t forget to squeeze out any moisture!) and fry on their own and then top the burger with a fried egg.
- Make a turkey patty with 125g turkey breast mince and seasonings that you prefer- in mine I used garlic granules, smoked paprika and chilli powder.
- Combine 1 large egg with 70g of grated celeriac, season with mixed Italian herbs and a bit of black pepper.
- Heat a ceramic pan and begin to cook the turkey burger.
- Before turning the burger, pour the celeriac and egg mixture into two egg rings to keep a round shape. If your pan is large enough, you can do it all in the same pan as they won’t touch.
- (If making a rosti and fried egg, here you would add in the celeriac and begin to cook, and make the fried egg on its own just before serving)
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on the turkey to keep it moist and continue to cook.
- When the celeriac and egg mixture has almost set at the top, carefully remove the rings and flip over to cook the other side.
- When everything is cooked, assemble the burger in the ‘bun’ and add 10g of salad on each side of the turkey burger.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.