Another speedy dinner, this is just fabulous for using up vegetables and salad and is yummy and comforting. I use the folding in half method for this as many a time I’ve gone to turn over my omelette and suddenly it’s scrambled eggs for dinner instead 😉
- Whisk 2 large eggs in a bowl
- Add black pepper, mixed Italian herbs and some garlic granules
- Heat a ceramic pan and when hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan and let the egg begin to set.
- After 20-30 seconds pile on 80g chopped spinach leaf into the centre of the omelette. (I freeze baby spinach and take out what I need- no watery bits and easy to chop!)
- Once the omelette has set and the top is only slightly watery, fold the omelette over the spinach so it is now a half circle.
- Press down to sandwich in the spinach and carefully move the omelette around to prevent sticking.
- Flip over and press down until the middle has cooked.
- Slice in half and serve.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.