A simple, yet special, dish: Spinach and Cottage Cheese stuffed Chicken Breast with garlic and rosemary celeriac and roasted asparagus tips.
NOTE: If making this according to allowances on the Cambridge Weight Plan steps, the size of the chicken breast will determine the amount of cottage cheese to be used. In this particular meal, my chicken breast weighed 178g so I used 87g of cottage cheese. I also used cubed celeriac that I had previously par boiled for 3 minutes and then frozen. It will weigh out the same as fresh.
- Place cottage cheese in a bowl with 10g baby spinach leaf, garlic granules, Italian herbs and dill. Mix thoroughly.
- Create a pocket by slicing into the side of the chicken breast.
- Stuff the spinach and cheese mixture into the breast and use cocktail sticks to close the side of the breast if you need to.
- Place in a roasting dish, season the breast with black pepper and cover with foil and bake at 200c for 25-30 minutes.
- Put 50g of prepared celeriac on a tray lined with greaseproof, spray once with frylight and season with garlic granules and rosemary. Bake alongside the chicken.
- When 8 minutes cooking time remain, uncover the chicken and also add 20g of asparagus tips (one spray frylight and black pepper).
- When cooked, allow the chicken 5 minutes to rest. Slice and serve alongside the roasted vegetables.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.