Way back when, I did a turkey lasagne meal using celeriac as my ‘pasta’. It was pretty yummy but I think the celeriac needed a sauce to go with it. Here is my updated version, using courgette ribbons as the sheets and I definitely prefer this version!
- For this recipe you are splitting your protein allowance between turkey breast mince and cottage cheese. For this recipe I used half of each but you may prefer 65% Turkey mince and 35% cottage cheese.
- Using a peeler, create 80g of ribbons from a courgette. Place the slices in between kitchen roll and press and leave to absorb moisture. OPTIONALLY- griddle the slices on each side to get some nice grill marks.
- Place the turkey mince into a ceramic pan and season to taste, I used Italian herbs, extra oregano, garlic granules, smoked paprika and a hint of chilli with smoked paprika and generously sloshed lemon juice all over.
- Fry until the mince has browned off.
- In a separate bowl place cottage cheese and season, I used black pepper, basil and parsley.
- Spray a small baking dish with frylight and begin to assemble the lasagne.
- Add turkey, some cheese and then cover with courgette ribbons. Repeat.
- Reserve a little of the cheese to spread on top of the last courgette layer.
- Season with pepper and parsley and bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
This can be assembled up to one day in advance- either make in individual dishes or a larger one if making more than one serving.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.