Now, for those of you who know me, I am pretty up front about not being a “fish” person. My wonderful father also knows this but, for reasons only known to himself, he decided to gift me with a fillet of wild sea bass! In the spirit of my IG tag of #TrySomethingNew I thought I’d give it a bash and I’ll be honest, I really enjoyed it! That is some high praise indeed!
After some thought, I came up with the idea of pan fried sea bass in ginger and chilli with shredded spring onion and served with citrus broccoli. This will work with any white fish fillet.
- Heat a ceramic pan with some fry light and place the sea bass fillet skin side down.
- Season with chilli flakes, ginger paste, dried coriander and a delicate sprinkle of cumin powder. (You can use fresh red chilli, ginger and coriander here if you prefer).
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add in a generous glug of lemon juice.
- When almost cooked (mine took 7 minutes) carefully turn the fish over and cook for a further 2 minutes. At this point add in the shredded spring onion (I used 30g).
- At the end of cooking, add a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Serve with 50g lightly steamed broccoli that has been dressed in black pepper and lemon juice (use a splash of orange if not making this to Step 2).
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.