Using some of your dairy allowance give the chicken a gorgeous flavour and makes for a really tender piece of meat. This can be prepared the day before (just leave covered with foil in the fridge) or just before cooking if pressed for time. Of course a longer marinade time gives the best flavour.
- Slice 245g chicken breast along the length to make thin chicken steaks and place in a roasting tin or pyrex dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt and then season with garam masala, chilli powder or flakes, ground cumin (all to your own tastes) and a splash of lemon juice.
- Mix everything up with your hand to ensure the spices and yoghurt are evenly mixed and the chicken is completely coated.
- Place a slice of lemon as garnish if desired.
- Bake at 200C covered in foil for 15 minutes, then uncover the dish and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Before the chicken is finished, fry off grated courgette and lemon juice and garlic paste in a pan for a few minutes on a high heat. Stop cooking before the courgette gives off too much water and starts to go mushy.
- Serve around the baked chicken.
© Chanden/charliekilosugar 2015. Original content please do not reproduce.